was set up by Chris Guiver in 2006 as a
multi-skilled freelance Producer/Director and Cameraman
Education and Training
- Skilled Camera Operator: Canon XF305, Sony EX3, Panasonic AF101
- Experienced at directing crews
- Creative Project Manager
- Editor on Final Cut Pro
- Commentary and Script Writer
- Development Producer and Researcher
- Extensive International filming experience
- 1st Class Honours, BA Politics & Education, University of York, UK
- PhD University of Sheffield, UK 1988-93, Politics
- TV production & camera training with the BBC and DV Talent
- Qualified Teacher and University Lecturer in American & British Politics
Chris has over fifteen years experience as a producer/director of educational programmes and documentaries.
This includes a wide variety of work ranging from broadcast documentaries to Open University films across many different subject areas.
It also includes Future Learn MOOC courses and large International projects such as TESS-India.
In each case Chris was able to use his analytical skills and experience to quickly master new projects.
- The British Council, Shakespeare Lives
Two films about the life of Shakespeare; one based in Stratford, the other in London to commemorate the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare’s death in 2016.
- Future Learn, Blended Learning
Project managing and filming 28 case studies across 6 locations around the UK, working with academics from UCL and the University of Leeds.
Filming and project managing on a large collaborative project involving agencies in the UK and India to produce 300 films in 6 Indian languages,
targeted to help improve the teaching of 3 million Indian teachers.
- Open University
Chris has worked as a freelance Camera, Producer/Director with Evans Woolfe Media
on numerous large projects with the OU covering the Social Sciences,
Education, Languages, Mental Health, Health and Social Care, and a number of films on Leadership. Highlights include:
OTHER SELECTED BROADCAST CREDITS
- Worlds of English, A series of over 20 films about the impact of the English Language around the World.
For example, the expansion of English in China over the past 30 years, and the complexities of life in bilingual families in the UK.
- An Introduction to the Social Sciences, 2 x 90 minute films. The first showed features of society through the life of a street,
the second showed social changes through the history of coal and its aftermath in South Wales.
- The Law and Social Work, A series of films, which included a drama reconstruction of a Child Protection Conference,
as well as documentaries on forced feeding, youth offenders and working with the terminally ill.
- Teachers TV
working as a freelance with Evans Woolfe Media
. Over 80 programmes covering the FE, Secondary and Primary sectors.
Channel 4 - Engineering at the Cutting Edge
5 x 30’ series about different kinds of flagship engineering projects around the UK. Chris has filmed all of the camera work for the series.
BBC 2 - In Search of Genius
2 x 60’ series filmed in the UK and USA for prime time about the education of highly gifted children.
BBC 1 - I Was Not Asleep: The Inside Story of Selby
1x 60’ AP & DV Camera on a Bafta award winning film about the Selby train crash and car crashes in the UK and USA caused by drivers who fall asleep at the wheel.
C4 / DISCOVERY - Joined: The World of Siamese Twins
2 x 60’ Chris was a DV Director filming in the USA, UK, Tanzania and Russia. He also researched the entire series.
AP & Researcher
C4 - Modern Day Eunuchs
1 x 60’ A disturbing in depth psychological documentary about a male compulsive obsessive disorder filmed in the UK, Canada and the USA.
Executive Producer and Director of the International Broadcasting Trust
Tel: 07931 543 544